In 1920 English moved his camp south to Bryant
to form Camp 6.
It was the midst of one of finest forests in the state, with some trees more than 200 feet high.
They extended the railroad from Camp 3, at Victoria,
to the new camp
where they logged for the next four years.
By the late 1920's, the market was hungry and English was running out of trees in the foothills, so he moved the operation further into the hills.
The new Camp 7 was three miles east of the
The company logged that area for six years and English also purchased Camp 8, or Finn Settlement, on Pillchuck Creek from the Parker Bell Lumber Co. in 1922.
Camp 7 continued to 1930 and Camp 8 until 1924, which was also the same year that English bought the first gasoline-powered donkey in the region.
In 1925 English formed Camp 11 as the base for logging on Frailey and Stimson mountains, west of Bryant, and it continued until 1935.
The reason English operated so many camps at once was that logging had advanced so fast that a camp could handle only two sides, each composed of one loader and one yarder.