<bgsound src="./media/04 - Ride To Fort Hays.mp3" loop=false>
NORTH WEST LOGGING HISTORY
George W. English - on SUNDAY LAKE
The images below, with the words copied from the Skagit River Journal  describes what information is possible.
The year 1909 marked the beginning of
Camp 3 at the Victoria Millsite five miles
east of Stanwood.

English built another railroad spur from
Camp 3 and Florence Logging Co. and
Sunday Lake, the area that English was logging.

English hauled logs for Florence as well
as his own.

He bought his first coal-burning
locomotive for that spur.


The Florence Logging Camp
near Sunday Lake,
Stanwood, Washington

No evidence of a Railroad spur
Has been noticed, yet!


< - - To STANWOOD