In 1885 Seattle entrepreneurs Daniel Hunt Gilman and Thomas Burke incorporated the
Seattle, Lake Shore & Eastern Railroad completing tracks from Seattle all the way to Canada.
The rails were later purchased by the NPRR.
In 1888, a section of the SLS&ER was added, where a "Y" was built
in Woodenville and the tracks extended to the coal mines in Issaquah.
The first railroad depot was created with a boxcar located a little down the river at Wayne.
In 1890, the boxcar shell was loaded onto a flatcar and deposited on the south bank of the river at Bothell.