In 1885 Seattle entrepreneurs Daniel Hunt Gilman and Thomas Burke incorporated the Seattle, Lake Shore & Eastern Railroad completing tracks from Seattle all the way to Canada.
The rails were later purchased by the NPRR.
In 1888, a section of the SLS&ER was added, where a "Y" was built
in Woodenville and the tracks extended to the coal mines in Issaquah.
The first railroad depot was created with a boxcar
located a little down the river at Wayne.
In 1890, the boxcar shell was loaded onto a flatcar and deposited on the south bank of the river at Bothell.
In August of 1895 a passenger on a train was bound for
Whatcom (now Bellingham), way north near Canada.
His name was MARK TWAIN.
"Possibly", he strolled over to Bothell to view the logging situation.
As everywhere else, the railroad was a boon to the growth
of Bothell and the town grew
along Main Street and along 1st Avenue.